The Great Avalonia Trail Trek will be Saturday, October 16 through Sunday, October 24. This week-long fundraiser will bring outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers together to register, fundraise, and get a great workout in on Avalonia’s beautiful preserves throughout southeastern Connecticut. Participants can choose to hike, run, kayak*, or bike* any of our trails or ride their bike to our preserves. *Select preserves are available for kayaking and mountain biking. Road biking routes provided.
If you have never signed up for an event like this, here is a Step-by-Step guide to registering!
- Visit the Great Avalonia Trail Trek website.
- Click the “Register and Be a Fundraiser” button.
- You will see two selections directly under the “Register and Be a Fundraiser” button – “Great Avalonia Trail Trek” and “Great Avalonia Trail Trek – Bike Ride.”
- If you want to trail run, hike, or kayak, select “Great Avalonia Trail Trek.”
- If you want to road bike, select “Great Avalonia Trail Trek – Bike Ride.”
- You will be taken to the registration page for your chosen activity.
- Scroll down until you see the registration options. (We have gender categories, multiple age categories, and a family category.)
- If you have a RunReg or BikeReg Account, you may register with that account. If you don’t, it’s not a problem – just click on “Register as Guest” (You will have an opportunity to create a BikeReg/RunReg account later, if you want.)
- On the next page, fill out your contact information.
- Scroll down to select your fundraising options – you can join a team, create a team, or fundraise as an individual.
- If you are joining a team, click on the dropdown menu to select the team you want to join.
- If you are creating a team, type the name of your team in the box.
- If you are fundraising as an individual, just check the box for individual.
- Scroll down to the event waiver. You must scroll all the way through the actual waiver to indicate that you have read it. Then click the box that says “Yes, I have read the event waiver and agree to the terms.”
- Put your initials in the box for “Initial Waiver.”
- At the bottom of this page, you can create a BikeReg/RunReg Account if you want. It is NOT required.
- Once you have registered for your activity, you will immediately see a popup box where you can edit your fundraising profile. Click <OK>.
- On your fundraising profile, you can add a profile picture and let people who visit your page know why you are participating in the Great Avalonia Trail Trek.
- On the left hand side, you will see a menu where you can view donations, edit you page, share on social media, and more.
That’s it – you should be registered for the Great Avalonia Trail Trek! If you have any questions, please contact Terri at email@example.com.